Thursday, May 19, 2011

Celebrate Summer Demo Event

Hi!  This week I've been posting swaps that I received at the Celebrate Summer Demo event held this past Saturday (May 14).  There was an early bird registration.  If you registered by the deadline, your name went into a drawing for a special prize.  Guess what?  I won!!!!  Here is my prize.


This is the doily punch - one of the new triple layer punches in the Summer
mini catalog.  What an awesome prize!

We were given name tags when we checked in that morning.  The girls sure went to a lot of trouble to make the cute flower pins on our name tags.  Here's mine.


The flowers were made from soda, tea, or energy drink cans.  Pretty sure mine was from a Mountain Dew soda can.  Boy someone sure drank a lot!  Can you imagine how hyped they were on all that caffeine! LOL

Later in the day we did a Make n Take.  We made some cards and decorated a notebook case (empty clear mount stamp case) by making our own DSP using the One Sheet Wonder technique.  There is some planning involved to do this.  Fortunately, that was done for us.  First we stamped an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of white card stock using the Flower Fest stamp set in bright colors.  (This set can be found in the Summer mini.)  More color was sponged on to reduce the amount of white space showing.  Then we cut it up according to the template, which was provided in our packet of materials.  I actually assembled my cards & notebook at home.  I just made sure to stamp and punch everything before we left.  I changed the sentiment on the notebook by inking only a select portion of my stamp from the Word Play set.
Here is the set from the One Sheet Wonder.  Wish I would have thought to take a picture before it was cut up. (Sorry for the glare on the notebook.)






Well, that about wraps up this post.  Hope you have a great day and, as always, thank you for stopping by today for a visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment