Friday, May 6, 2011

Edible Arrangement

Hi there, it's me again!   Found a photo of a centerpiece that I made for one of my Stamp Camps.  The really great thing is not only is it adorable but it's edible!  It is made from large gum drops that were purchased at the grocery store (you know - those packages for .99).  Just push the sharp end of a wooden skewer into the bottom of a gum drop.  I actually snipped the skewers to get different  lengths.  Arrange your "flowers" in a container, which has styrofoam or marbles in the bottom to hold your "stems" in place.  If you prefer more of a finished look, the skewers could be colored with a green Stampin' Write marker or wrapped with floral tape.  The collars for the gum drops were made by using the largest Circle Circus stamp then punched out with the Scallop Circle punch. 


How cute is that?  This would be a fun table display for Mother's Day, a graduation celebration, birthday party, or a kids party.  The inspiration came from my good friend, Pam D'Urso.  My terra cotta pot is an old project that I stamped when I first began stamping.  (The design has faded because it wasn't sealed.)  The polka dot bow adds a fun touch.

Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment