Monday, May 9, 2011

Rock On!

Hi there!  Hope you had a great weekend. 
A couple of nephews have birthdays this month and my stock of cards for teenage boys is depleted. These backgrounds were made one night while playing around with techniques.  The finishing touches were added during the girls getaway.  I think the boys will like them.

 
The background technique used is the direct to paper technique - pull corner of stamp pad from center of paper out towards you. 
The star image was created from a mask.  I punched out a star from a Post it Note (make sure to get the sticky part) and placed it in the center.  Be careful pulling ink so mask doesn't accidentally shift.   Remove the mask, stamp image in black.  Additional  stars were placed in the corner - it was the only size I had with me.  I wanted different sizes but no one had star punches with them.  Go figure!  All that stuff we haul and no star punches!


Brilliant Blue ink (retired) is used on this card.  I lightly brayered on additional ink color after doing the direct to paper technique.  Stamp the image with black.  The retired set "Starring You" was used around the perimeter of the card base.


 Have a great day and thanks for taking time to stop by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment