Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vintage Vogue

Hi everyone!  It's Saturday and I'm back to post a birthday card for one of our niece's upcoming birthday.  We have a number of family members and friends celebrating birthdays or other occasions this month.  It seems that even though I make cards, I don't have the "right" one for the recipient.  Decided it was time for a "just do it!" attitude - pick an appropriate card and get it in the mail.  Soooo, I have been pulling out cards from my stash.  Do you find yourself missing a birthday or other occasion even though you hand make cards?  Crazy, huh?  Guess it's like the Cobbler's children have no shoes type story.  lol
Here's one from my card stash using the "Vintage Vogue" stamp set, which made it to the new catalog.  Yes!  (This is such a pretty set - need to drag it out again to show it a little love.)  Anyway, I inked up the flower swirl image using White craft ink and stamped in a random pattern on the Crumb Cake card base and focal piece.  I then used Soft Suede ink to stamp a few times over the stamped White images on the focal piece.  Mat focal piece to Soft Suede card stock and tie a Very Vanilla ribbon around it before securing to the card base.  The outside sentiment is from  "Just Believe".   Inside I used a sentiment from "On Your Birthday".

Inspired by Lisa Maco


Here are the measurements:
Crumb Cake cardbase = 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4 and folded in half
    focal piece = 2-1/4" x 3-1/4"
Soft Suede mat = 2-1/2" x 3-1/2"


Stampin' Up! supplies used unless otherwise noted.
Stamps - Vintage Vogue, Just Believe, On Your Birthday
Paper - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Ink - Soft Suede, Craft White
Tools - Oval punches
Other - Very Vanilla 3/8" taffeta ribbon (retired)

Off to excavate my archeological site - digging from the card stash!  Thanks for checking in today and hope this inspires you to mail out your cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment