Friday, September 30, 2011

Field of Flowers and French Foliage

Happy Friday everyone!  Sorry for being MIA this week.  I've had a busy and fun week, which seems to accelerate time!  Monday our granddaughter spent the night, Tue was our monthly Demo dinner meeting, Wed was spent with the Wednesday Girls, and last night I had dinner at my daughter's house.  So that's why there hasn't been much activity HERE.  So sorry!

Have you ever had  cauliflower "mashed potatoes"?  I've had them twice in a period of a week.  Love them!  I could barely tell that they weren't mashed potatoes.  Plus they are healthier - you get the benefits of those antioxidants!  My friend made them Sat, then my daughter served them last night.  Today I have to go grocery shopping (that necessary chore) so you can bet I'm gonna stock up on some cauliflower!  Enough blabbering about food.  Guess you want to see a card, huh?  Here are a couple of cards I made last Wed.  (Maybe this will help make up for my absence! lol)
Stampin' Up! supplies used unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Field of Flowers, French Foliage, Bliss (retired)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Other: Framed Tulips embossing folder
I'm not sure where the inspiration came from for this card.  One of the Girls brought the idea to the table.
The inspiration for this card came from Sandi MacIver  see her card here - posted Sep 1.   I CASE'd her card except for the Mocha Morning DSP she used.  Since I haven't ordered that DSP (yet), I resorted to making my own DSP.  I did that by stamping Delicate Doilies with Versamark, covered the images with clear embossing power, then used my heat tool.  The rest of the card was made following Sandi's directions.  There were 4-5 of us making this card and they all turned out different.  That's one of the cool things about stamping!

Sorry, people, but I need to get to the grocery store.  I have to buy ingredients for Beef Barley Soup and Apple Dumplings for our family reunion tomorrow.  Love family reunions!  I may post something later (like the rest of my Stamp Camp cards - no promises, though.
Hope you all have a great weekend!  (It really feels like Fall today.  Yeah!)  Thank you for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment