Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pieces of Heart October Challenge

Hi there!  Hope you all survived Halloween!  I have so much to share with you today!  Beware, it's a long post.
I didn't have time before Regional to share the Demo challenge from our October meeting.  Unfortunately, my photos didn't turn out because it was so dark in the restaurant.  I only have a photo of my challenge because the picture was taken at home.  I'll see if anyone was able to get decent pictures that I can post.  We were to make a Thanksgiving card.


I envisioned looking through a window and seeing Thanksgiving preparations underway with the turkey on the table.  Inspiration for the turkey came from Lynn Pratt and Lorri Heiling.  These ladies are so very talented.  Thank you Lynn and Lorri!
The "tablecloth" is from the Spice Cake fabric and the "platter" was made by punching a Modern Label, then cutting it in half.  I did a little pen work with the Pool Party Stamp n Write marker - going for a Corning Ware look.  The window frame is a piece of Soft Suede card stock stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp and punched out with the 1-1/4" square punch.  Hand-Penned Holidays was used for the sentiment.  Love that font - so elegant!

Our trip to Louisville, KY for the Stampin' Up! Regional was an absolute BLAST!  And on top of that the Cardinals won the World Series!  We had a great time Friday night watching the game in the hotel lobby - kinda took over the place!  You probably heard our cheering all the way from Louisville.  lol
We met a SU! Demo Thu evening staying at the same hotel as us.  Gee, how could she possibly tell we were Demos?  Could it have been because we were working on swaps in the lobby?
We had an awesome day at Regional on Friday seeing the demonstrations, doing the make n take projects, swapping, and making new friends or reconnecting with old ones. I even had the privilege of meeting Bonnie Thurber, a Stampin' Up! home office employee who is a such a hoot.  Got a hug, too!  I also met Mary Brown (aka Stamper Camper).  Mary did a wonderful demonstration on her bow tying technique.  What a thrill it was for me to meet these women!  They're like celebrities to me!

Sunday my family and I attended a Fall party hosted by my sister-in-law.  So, Sunday morning I made some Snickerdoodle Cookies to take along, using the recipe posted on Dawn Olchefske's blog.  The Jack-o-lantern imprint was made with our Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamp!  How cute are they?  The image was "stamped" as soon as the cookies came out of the oven, which worked great.  Easy Peasy!  There are two other images included with the set - a snowflake and a heart. 


My sister-in-law's birthday is Halloween.  This year I chose to lean more toward that theme for her birthday card.  I used the boots from the Wicked Cool set and added skirts made from trimmed scallop circles using Frightful Sight DSP.  I think the card looks rather classy - appropriate for a classy lady.

Whew!  That should do it for now.  Thanks for hanging in there.  Tomorrow is the Wednesday Girls stamp club and Thu is our granddaughter's overnighter.  Today I made some headway getting caught up from being gone two weekends in a row.  There is still a lot to do, though.  Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment