Thursday, December 22, 2011

How Un-Canny

Hi there!  I'm making a comeback (Vicks & Nyquil do wonders!) and now doing double time to get everything accomplished before Christmas.  My husband reminds me that what must get done, will.  Whatever is left, is just extra.  And you know what?  He is absolutely right!  I just have to keep reminding myself of this philosphy.

Anyway..... last month I totally forgot to post our monthly Demo challenge that we have at our Pieces of Heart meetings.  Maybe it's because I forgot to take my camera.  I don't have pics of anyone's altered can - just mine since it was photographed at home.  Jayne and I must have been channeling each other because our cans were very similar.

When Patty Schnell issued the challenge, my thoughts immediately turned to Christmas and then to making Santa pants.  Wow, had my plan of action even before leaving the restaurant!  That was a first!  lol 
Real Red cardstock was wrapped around the can, added a strip of black for the "belt" and then a buckle from Silver Glimmer Paper.  A black circle cut in half made the tops of Santa's "shoes".  For the suspenders, I adhered retired ribbon onto strips of cardstock to give them some stability.  The ends were tucked underneath the "belt".   A cute presentation for some treats don't you think?

Sorry for the short post.  Back to my "to do" list to cross off some of those necessary chores.  Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!  Your visits are always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment