Monday, February 13, 2012

Apothecary Art and Elegant Bird

Hi there!  What a gray day here.  Good day to stamp!  Before I do, though, I want to share one of the projects from my Stamp Camp this past Saturday.  I have the BEST group of ladies who attend!  We had such a fun time.  Thank you so much for coming and for those who couldn't make it, we missed you! 

Yesterday was a another fun filled day.  I attended a Welcome Back Open House for a friend who moved back to the area.  We were best friends during high school but life got in the way plus she lived out of state for the past forty years (yikes! - where did the time go?).  It was so great to reconnect with her and her family!  Looking forward to spending more time together once she gets settled.

Guess I'd better get on with the card before you lose interest, if you haven't already. lol   The focal piece on the following card was made with the new Label Collection Framelits die and the coordinating stamp set,  Apothecary Art.  So cool!  You can purchase these items from the Occasions Mini catalog.  They'll be available until March 31, 2012.



Stampin' Up! supplies used unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Apothecary Art (w-125525, c-125527)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Stampin' Write markers = Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
Tools: Framelits - Labels Collection Dies (125598), Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), Boho Blossoms punch (119858), flower from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
Other:  Victoria Crochet trim (118481), Cherry Cobbler seam binding (120992), Pearls (119247), Dimensionals, sponges, mini glue dots, blender pen
Inspiration: Maureen Ward on Stampin’ Connection (Demo site) posted Jan 14, 2012

Tomorrow I'll post another Camp card.  But for now I want to show you a thank you card I made for Penny Thomas, my upline's (Pam D'Urso) upline - and sister.  (Two of the sweetest and most genuine people I know.)  Penny was planning a visit with Pam so our February Pieces of Heart Stampers team dinner meeting last night was scheduled around Penny's visit. Our meeting got a little rowdy (...but that's another story! lol)  We had an awesome server who was very good natured about everything.  Anyway, Penny awards "Million Dollar Prizes" to the Demonstrators in her downline who rank in the top three for sales.  I was one of the fortunate recipients for December sales - thanks to my wonderful customers!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!   Mr. Brown (aka, UPS) delivered my gift, the Elegant Bird die, on Thursday.  Woo Hoo!  Since Penny was going to be at the Team meeting, I delivered my thank you note AND a big ol' hug to her personally!    
The inspiration for this card came from Sharon Burkert as seen here on her Feb 9th blog post.   


First Edition DSP was used for the bird.  The heart is, of course, our Red Glimmer paper.   I added a pearl (colored with a black Sharpie) for the eye.  The sentiment is from Just Believe (I added the ...)  Can't wait to use this die in other projects.  Thanks again, Penny!

We're supposed to get some snow (an accumulation of 3-4").  Rush hour is predicted to be the time for the "nasty" stuff.  The prediction might be "right on" since it's coming down pretty steady now.  Just hope everyone who has to drive in it is careful!

OK, need to get back to stamping.  Hope you've had an awesome day so far and thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Judy, this is one of the prettiest cards I have ever seen. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete