Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fabulous Florets

Hi there!  Hope you're having a fabulous week so far.

Thought you might want to see a card.  They've been few and far between lately!  The flower image in the card below was colored with a Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker.  It came out looking burgundy so Bravo Burgundy was used as an accent.  Started adding white dots with a Signo gel pen, but didn't care for the way they looked.

The color wasn't what I was going for, either, so I decided to try Real Red.  That worked out more to my liking.  Here is the Real Red version - and no white dots:


Much better!  My card base and focal piece is Sahara Sand. First the flowers were stamped with Whisper White craft ink.  They were stamped again using Black ink and offset a bit, then colored in with the Real Red Stampin' Write marker.

Want to see my inspiration? 


Yep. ............ a tissue box!  I obviously was attracted to the graphics on the box when I purchased them.  This box has been sitting on my computer desk in my line of vision whenever I'm on the computer - which is a LOT.  Then one day it hit me that the design and colors would make a great card - just had to figure out what stamp set to use.  Fabulous Florets was as close to the box image that I could get.  Just goes to show you - you never know where inspiration may come from!

Hope you have a wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this layout and the bold, graphic design. These are beautiful cards! Plus, I love your inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete