Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lego Birthday

Hi there!  Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday.  I got busy with phone calls and physically checking out some venues for our Christmas Card Workshop in October.  It was a productive and successful day!  We can go forth with our plans now that we have reserved the Fatima Knights of Columbus Hall in Hazelwood!

The card today was made for our granddaughter's sixth birthday, which was yesterday.  Gosh, those years went by soooo fast!  We attended her party today.  She received a lot of nice gifts.  Her mom does a great job with the party decorations, too.  Miss M doesn't really appreciate those things yet.  Some day she'll realize how much time and trouble (and money) it took to make the day a special one.  OK, back to the card.... I just punched out some circles (great way to use up scraps), glued them to squares and made the shape of a 6.  The card was looking rather plain so I added some ink dots made with a dauber.  Not real pleased with the results - a little too busy now.  But it is what it is.  Kids don't really care about their cards anyway.  Right?  As Bart Simpson would say, "It's all about the gifts, man."  At least, I think that's where that expression came from.

That's it for now.  Thank you for stopping by to visit today!  Hope all the dad's out there have a great Father's Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. SUPER cool! My little 6-year-old nephew had a Lego-themed birthday party this past year, and I wish I had figured out how to do a card like this! At first I thought the circles were embossed, but HOLY MOLY! You took a lot of time to line up and glue down all those little punch-outs! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Naomi! Lining up the circles really wasn't too bad. I used a dot of liquid glue where each circle was to be placed and just added the circle. Pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete