Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More Swaps!

Hi there!  I'm back today with more swaps from the Demo retreat at Pam D'Urso's house May 30th - Jun 2nd.  We all participated in a shoebox swap with a challenge of only one-layer cards and no more than two embellishments.  That was a difficult challenge for someone who really likes layers!

The first card (above) is Jayne Singleton's swap made with the Summer Silhouettes stamp set.   Love this set!  Each layer of color was sponged on, the flower and leaves stamped in black, then the mask was removed to reveal sharp, even lines.  Sorry but I don't remember what set was used for the sentiment.

Susan Fields' swap used a new Hostess set from the new 2013-14 Stampin' Up! catalog called Simply Sketched.  The image was colored in with Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz inks after stamping it first with black StazOn ink.  A strip of Calypso Coral cardstock added to the side, some Washi tape, and sentiment completed the card.  It was fun using the Washi tape - just rip it off the roll and adhere.  I'd never used it before.  Another cool thing about Washi tape is that it's transparent.  You can find this fun item in the new catalog.


The last card for today was Sally Nusbaum's swap using the Road to Happiness set.  I didn't do a very good job on my background scene.  Sally's sample was darker and her hill looked like a hill rather than a blob like mine does.  Sally also had a surf board in the car.  My thought was to put something else in the car - maybe presents or maybe nothing.  I definitely didn't do her card justice!  Even seasoned stampers make mistakes.  That's when you get creative to "hide" your mistakes and sometimes end up with an even better card.  I'll have to put on my thinking cap!

Must run for now.  I have a few things to accomplish before leaving for Carla Spradling's Card Buffet tonight.  Thanks so much for visiting today!  Your visits are always appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment