Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Shady Past

Hi there.  Did that get your attention? lol  Today I was blurfing (surfing blogs) and came across Heather Klump's cute card posted Mar 11.  When I saw those lamps on her card, Artistic Etchings and Create a Cupcake stamp sets danced through my head like Sugar Plum Fairies.  I immediately got busy to put those images on paper!  The key stamp from Artistic Etchings was inked up with the More Mustard marker to make the "lamp bases".  I stamped the "shades" by using the cupcake bottom stamp from Create a Cupcake  on scrap White in three different colors, then cut them out (yeah, cut - forgot about using the punch. Duh!)  The More Mustard embossed piece was from a previous project that got tossed in the scrap bin.  You just never know when those scraps can be used!  The sentiment is, of course, hand written.  (The next card will have a computer generated sentiment since my lettering tends to slant uphill.)  The inside belated sentiment is from the On Your Birthday set.  So, thanks Heather for the inspiration.  Here is my creation.

Recipe
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Create a Cupcake, On Your Birthday
Paper: Pacific Point, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard
Other: Square Lattice embossing folder

It's been a busy day in the stamp room.  Not only did I make the above card, worked on my upcoming Stamp Camp projects, but also worked on a Demo challenge.  I'll post photos of that project after our Demo dinner meeting tomorrow - uh later tonight since it's now past midnight.  (Margaritaville here I come!)  Pam has challenged us to alter the round container that brads, buttons, etc come in.  These monthly challenges all started with our trip to Regional in Branson.   Jayne challenged us to alter a notebook that she gave to each of us.  My photos of the altered notebooks didn't turn out too well. (You know I'm not a photographer!)   I'll see if I can find some photos to post of our first challenge.
But for now, this Stamper needs to get to bed!   Thanks for stopping in today.

1 comment:

  1. so original I LOVE when gals think outside the box!!!! KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete