Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life at Camp Sumner

Hi there!  Hope you all haven't given up on me.  It's been busy around Camp Sumner to say the least.  Had the granddaughter overnight on Thu, dropped her off at daycare Fri morning then went to a 13 hr crop.   Saturday I helped my daughter clean her above ground pool that came with the house she recently purchased.  Boy we could have used a refreshing dip to cool off.  I learned later that we had a record temperature of 98 degrees.  No wonder I was so HOT!  That evening I attended a graduation party.  Sunday I cleaned MY house, which desperately needed it!  Tonight is our monthly Demo dinner meeting.  The challenge this month is a mini clipboard.  It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.  I decided to make a checklist to keep track of card stock, ink pads, and re-inkers I need to order.  Springtime Vintage DSP was used to cover the clipboard.  (Need to use up the retired stuff ya know.  I'm such a DSP hoarder!)  The checklist is computer generated (printed on Very Vanilla card stock) and adhered to an Old Olive mat.  There is a transparency overlay to write on that slips under the clip part. The magnetic flower embellishment is made from the Scallop circle punch, the new 3-step Doily punch, and one of the flowers from the retired Spring Flower Bouquet punch (sorry!).  A pearl was the finishing touch.   I tied a piece of gold embroidery floss to the dry erase pen and to the clipboard. The bottom of the pen is wrapped in Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin ribbon to hide the logo.  Here is a picture of my finished project.

OK, I'm off to meet the girls (and Don).  I'll post their projects later.  Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment