Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Animal Stories Baby-fied

Hi there!  Hope your week is going well.  Daughter #1 is coming in from Miami for a whirlwind visit this weekend.  Miss M, our granddaughter, doesn't remember her aunt since she was just a toddler the last time of D #1's visit.  Miss M refers to the photo of her aunt as "Aunt ___, who lives far away".  Youngest Daughter is having a dual purpose Open House for family and friends - to show off her new home and to visit with big sis.  The girls and I, plus a couple of cousins will be having a big ol' pajama party afterwards!  There will be no shortage of conversation and laughs - nor much sleep!  So, this week Youngest Daughter and I will be cooking up some good eats for the weekend and her Open House.  Looking forward to all of it!
OK, on to the card.  I wanted to send my friend, Jayne, a card congratulating her on becoming a grandma the fourth time but nary a baby card in my stash!  (Not a great demand for baby cards amongst my circle of friends.  Guess I should make some "grandparent" cards to be ready for the next one, huh?)  The next stumbling block was that I don't own any current baby-type stamps.  Not to be deterred, I used the retired Animal Stories set and CASE'd this card made by Kris McIntosh, with a couple of minor changes.  What is it about wanting to use your stamps sets after they've retired?  Oh well. 


Stampin' Up! supplies used unless otherwise noted.
Stamps - Animal Stories (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Swirls & Curls Verses (inside)
Paper - White, Bashful Blue, vellum
Ink - Bashful Blue, Night of Navy (inside)
Tools - Beautiful Wings embosslit, embossing folders - Perfect Polka Dots, Finial Press, and Square Lattice, non-SU! circle & scallop circle dies

Thanks for peeking in today!  I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to post the rest of this week.  Just remember - I'll be back!  Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute card. I love the embossed blocks. It's add such class to the card. Thanks for sending it to me. I love being a grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete