Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wednesday Stamp Club

Hello everyone!  Each Wednesday (or almost) I meet with a group of friends to make cards.  Someone will bring a card they made and the rest of us will create a facsimile of that card.  The following card is mostly non-SU! and I'm not sure who the originator is to give proper credit.  "Someone" (won't mention any names here. Wink, wink) forgets to write down where they got the idea!  lol
Love this card.  It was pretty labor-intensive but the results are stunning.  I think some changes could be made using SU! products to achieve the same look.  The colors are very similar to Pool Party and Early Espresso.  The SU! bird punch was used and the script on the aqua heart is from the Strength & Hope set.  The white heart was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I added some aqua under my bird's wing to make it pop more.  I like the punch used for the "nest" but will have to figure out what SU! punch or die could be used to replace it.  Maybe a few butterflies (vellum?) could be substituted for the bird and nest.
I had a card to share with the group but you'll have to come back tomorrow for that post.  Such a tease, huh?
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for peeking in on me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment