Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hey - I'm Still Here!

Hi everyone!  Hope your week is going well.  Sorry it's been so long since my last post - ahem, as someone pointed out - not mentioning any names or anything.  I did warn you that it was a busy time.  Geez, a person posts every day for a week then you get spoiled and expect it all the time!  LOL  Just kidding with ya!  (I really do admire those who actually do post every day.  You all are awesome.)   Anyway, I'm back and it's been crazy busy!

Monday evening I returned from the "girls getaway" retreat.  We had a great time!  Had some of those "laugh until you almost wet your pants" moments.  I think I gained ten pounds, too, from all the food we had.  Or maybe it was that $40 worth of candy "someone" brought!  Thank goodness that Texas Sheet Cake had zero calories or I'd be in big trouble!  Holy Sheet, Batman!

Had a fun Demo dinner meeting Tues with the Pieces of Heart team (and our adopted members).  We have such a fun group and it's always exciting to see what everyone does for their challenge each month.  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera!  (Still haven't recovered from the sleep deprivation and sugar rushes sustained at the retreat!  LOL)  I'll try to get some pics from someone who did have a camera.  The only picture I have is the one I took of my challenge prior to our meeting that night.

Wednesday was our weekly stamp group get together.  Today I had a three hour lunch  with a couple of friends at a Thai restaurant.  I was a Thai food virgin!  It was really good and a fun atmosphere.  I'll be a repeat customer for sure.
Running errands are on the list for tomorrow before picking up the granddaughter from daycare for an overnight visit with us.  I sure have missed her!

OK guess that's enough jabbering about my week - on to the card!  Our Pieces of Heart team was challenged by Don to make a card using at least 10 circles of at least two different sizes.  This is what I came up with:

I originally planned to make a caterpillar but with school starting, I decided to go with the bookworm.  I envisioned the black area representing a black board.  (Maybe I should have written something on the board.)  The books were made from the Word Window punch with a bit of penwork.  The apple is from the retired set "Tart n Tangy".

ETA:  The rest of the team's cards can be seen here on Pam D'Urso's blog.

I'm still playing catch up so I'll leave you for now.  Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a great evening!




 




No comments:

Post a Comment