Friday, August 26, 2011

Mambo Friends Never Fade

Happy Friday!  Been working most of the day getting ready for Stamp Camp tomorrow.  Everything is packed up and ready to go.  Since I didn't get much sleep last night with Miss M here, I'll make this a quick one so I can get to bed at a decent hour!
Here is one of the cards I made while on the girls getaway retreat a couple of weeks ago.  Gosh, it seems like ages ago!  I pretty much CASE'd Heather Summers' card here.  Scroll down to her Jun 17th entry.  Love Heather's work!  I didn't put the ruffle on the edge of the focal piece - mainly because I don't have that punch.  LOL  Here is my version of her card.

Use your embossing buddy to de-static the First Edition DSP.  Stamp images in Versamark and emboss with black emobossing powder.  When it cools, sponge on Melon Mambo ink - quite heavily as you can see.  Stamp and emboss the focal piece image (on Melon Mambo card stock).  Mat on black and then adhere to the card base.  I love the contrast of the colors.  Thanks, Heather!
Ok I need to get to bed since it's going on midnight in the midwest.  I'll be back soon to post another version of this card.  Next week I'll post pics of the Camp cards.  I have a full schedule this weekend with the Camp tomorrow and meeting with Jayne on Sunday to work on preliminary plans of our Christmas Card Workshop being held Dec 3.  I'll keep you posted.
Have a great weekend and thank you for coming by for a visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment