Monday, September 19, 2011

Stamp Camp Sneak Peek

Hi and happy Monday to you!  Hope you had a nice weekend.  The weather has gotten cooler (and rainy), which puts me in a cooking/baking mood.  I didn't bake over the weekend but did make a batch of potato soup, some spaghetti sauce, and fixed lasagna for dinner last night.  There will be plenty of leftovers for the week.  Love that!  I also made some garlic bread and froze it.  I melt butter (yep real butter - me and Paula Dean got a thing for buttah!), dip my bread slices in the butter to coat (nothing low cal here!), shake some garlic salt on each slice, and freeze.  Makes it so easy for individual servings of garlic bread - just pop what you need into the toaster oven to brown.  Yum!

OK let's get down to business at hand.   Here is a sneak peek of the cards for my September Stamp Camp held on Sunday the 25th.  Had to schedule on Sunday because of our Demo Holidaze event on Saturday.  If you live in the St Louis Metro area and would like to attend Stamp Camp, please email me at jsumner731@sbcglobal.net to reserve your spot!  Thanks.


Looking forward to the Holidaze event!  Sally Nusbaum and the other gals involved in executing these bi-annual "mini conventions" do a fantastic job!  Each one has been a blast and we walk away with new ideas and new friendships.  (Love my JOB!)  I debated about  making swaps this time.  But...I don't want to miss out on the fun so I'll just make what I can.  Ten or twenty swaps is better than no swaps!  The Pieces of Heart team is meeting at Patty's Tuesday evening to work on our individual swaps - or just hang out with this cool group!  Patty will be serving Candy Corn Punch.  Sounds intriguing, huh?

Gosh, can you believe that in a couple of weeks it will be October?  Me neither!  The first Saturday in October is our annual family reunion (dad's side).  I always look forward to seeing everyone!  This year will mark 52 years for these annual gatherings!  Pretty impressive, don't ya think?  Our first reunion was held at Forest Park in 1959.  The locations and food has changed over the years.  When Mom and my aunts brought food, everything was home made and a lot of it home grown. Most of that generation is deceased or unable to attend the reunions anymore.  Now the food is brought by us cousins and our off-spring.  The tables are still laden with plenty of food - mostly buckets of chicken and other store bought food.  Fortunately, there are still a few of us who prepare home made food to share! 

Since I basically had a lazy day yesterday, I need to get to work and start on the laundry.  Also need to prepare what I'll take to Patty's tomorrow to finish my swaps for Saturday's Holidaze event.  I'm meeting some friends for lunch tomorrow so it needs to be done today!

Have a pleasant day and thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment