Monday, November 14, 2011

Pam's Surprise Farewell Party

Hi there and happy Monday!   Gosh, can you believe next week is Thanksgiving and then all the hustle and bustle begins to get ready for Christmas.  Yikes!  I'm already sick of the Christmas music some of the stations are playing.  Why do they do that???  Let's have Thanksgiving first!

You know how my blog has been neglected lately?  Well I can now share one of the reasons for that.  We were putting together a surprise farewell party for our "inkcredible" leader, Pam D'Urso.  Once we learned of her move date, it was a scramble to organize a party in a short amount of time.  The stars and moon must have been aligned just right because it all fell into place!  We had a good turn out for such short notice.  Our group (Demos, customers, and neighbors) met at Las Fuentas Restaurant.  Megan, Pam's daughter, brought Pam about a half hour later.  Pam was so surprised.  It was great!  Her expression was priceless.  I took pictures but they did not turn out.  (I keep telling you all I'm camera challenged!  Hopefully, I can get pics from someone else to post at a later date.)  Pam will be moving about three hours away on Friday.  : (   We will miss her soooo much - but ya know what that means .... road trip!

Our thinking caps burned up with all that cerebral activity going on to come up with a unique gift for Pam. We decided to pool our resources to present her with a gift card that she'll be able to use to buy whatever her heart desires.  Not so unique, but it won't take up much space!  lol  Well now, that finally brings me to the card for today.  It is a criss-cross pocket card.  I ran the Neighborhood jumbo wheel (retired) on Whisper White card stock, colored some of the houses using markers & a blender pen, and then cut them out.  The image on the little tab is from the Loads of Love Accessories.


The inside has slots to hold the gift card in place and enough room for everyone to sign.  I had to make an envelope since the card wouldn't fit in an A2 size envelope.  I just took some copy paper and ran the wheel over it several times.  Easy enough - and everything coordinated!

Whew, this ended up being quite the novel!  lol  Thanks for hanging in there with me!  Must step away from the computer to finish organizing everything for my Stamp Camp this coming Saturday and work on plans for our Christmas Workshop and Customer Appreciation Open House that Jayne Singleton and I are co-hosting.  Busy, busy,busy!  Really need to squeeze grocery shopping in there today, too.  Must start stockpiling supplies for "Cookie Baking Day" that the youngest daughter and I do every year.

OK, I'm out of here.  Thank you so much for stopping in today.  Hope your day is fantabulous!

1 comment: