Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gingham and Babies!

Hi there and happy Tues to ya!  Today promises to be another unusually warm day for Winter - supposedly in the 70's!  I tell ya, St Louis weather is just crazy.

Several weeks ago I attended an all day crop with some friends.  One of the cards that I worked on couldn't be completed due to the lack of ribbon.  Just totally forgot my ribbon.  Anyway, the card was finished at home but then it got busy around here so I forgot to upload to my computer to share with you.

 
The gingham background was a technique accomplished using a brayer and Stampin' Up!s Stripes embossing folder.  Pretty cool!  I CASE'd Krystal's card, which you can see here. Scroll down to her Jan 27th post.  To get the look of gingham, place your card stock in the Stripes embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot. I used a 3x3 square of Whisper White.  Ink up your brayer with color of your choice and run over the stripes.  Now place in the Stripes embossing folder again in the opposite direction, and run through the Big Shot again.  Repeat the brayering process on the opposing stripes.  Adhere the "gingham" to a Certainly Celery scalloped square mat.  Mine was cut from a non-SU! die since I don't own the smaller Scallop Duo square die..... yet!  The focal piece was layered on 3-3/4 x 5 Whisper White (also embossed with Stripes), then onto a 4 x 5-1/4 Baja Breeze layer.  Tie a ribbon around the top portion (I do the faux knots/bows) before adhering to your card base.
Try this technique some time.  How about making a "tablecloth" for some summer cards?  It's such a fun and easy technique - love it!

Supplies used:  Stamps - Button Buddies  Paper - Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery
Ink - Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery  Other - Stripes embossing folder, Designer Frames embossing folder, Wide oval punch, scallop square die (non-SU!), Certainly Celery Satin ribbon

Just a reminder that Sale-A-Bration ends March 31st!  Get the FREE stuff while available!

Also, you can now order the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586 for $11.95).  I saw it demonstrated at our Spring Fling Demo Event this past Saturday.  So many neat projects can easily be whipped up.  A really useful tool - can't wait to get mine!  (Psst, want to know a secret?  It also works with M's scoring board.  So if you already own her scoring tool, order the Diagonal Plate to work with it.  I think our scoring tool has more features, though.  Just saying!)

Now on a non-stamping topic - well indirectly it relates 'cause I print copies of card ideas to CASE.  The ink in my printer is low - very low.  Boy it is just so expensive to replace ink!  I did learn from a former co-worker years ago to buy High Yield ink because it lasts longer.  So last night I went on Amazon (wow they sell everything) and purchased a combo pack for my printer.  The good thing is shipping was only $2.50 and I didn't have to pay sales tax - plus it will be delivered to my door.  So I feel that it was worth it for that.  Hope there are no regrets.

Off to have a late lunch.  Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment