Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ears to You!





Hi there!  Time sure has flown since my last post.  Last week was a busy one and the days ahead don't appear much different.  Gotta get those taxes done!  Ugh!!!

Last Saturday I attended the Stampin' Up! Regional held here in St Louis at the America Center.  I had a blast with my stampin' peeps!  Enjoyed the swapping, connecting with friends, making new friends, watching the demonstrations and, of course, the freebies that we ALL received - a pack of Print Poetry DSP and the Make a Wish stamp set!  Oh, and Comic Con was held in the room next to us.  Saw some very interesting costumes!  lol  Afterwards, a group of us (about 20) went to Joey B's on the Hill.  Oh my, the food was fantastic and the portions were enough for two people!  We all took home leftovers.

Saturday afternoon when we left the America Center the sun was shining and the temperature was moderate.  We didn't even put on our coats to walk to the car.  Sunday sure was a different story!  We got 12.4 inches of snow!  Some Spring!  It was beautiful, though.

The above card was the winner of the Regionals swaps contest.  We Demos can submit our swap card to be posted on a specified board for judging.  I was really drawn to this card (before the winner was ever announced) because of the non-traditional colors used and its simplicity.  Unfortunately, I didn't order this single stamp (Ears to You) and it's too late to arrive before Easter.  Oh, well.  I also forgot to snap a picture of my swap card.  I'll check with the group to see if they have one I can photograph to post here.

Sunday we had our granddaughter overnight.  We made some bunny cards, watched movies, made a paper plate ping pong game (found on Pinterest), and watched some stamping videos.  Love it that she asks if we can watch some stamping videos.  She's my little stamping buddy!

I probably won't be posting much in the next week - taxes must get done and need to finish prepping for our Card Buffet! 

Have a Happy Easter and thanks for stopping in today!  I do hope you'll come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment