Monday, February 24, 2014

8x8 Scrapbooking

Hi there!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was absolutely awesome!  You can read more about it at the end of this post, if you wish.  Something new today - a scrapbook page!  After I started making cards, scrapbooking kind of fell by the wayside.  The Hostess for my Friday evening Workshop mentioned there were a few scrapbookers in the group who would like to see how to incorporate stamping into their scrapbooks.  The above page was one sample I made using the See Ya Later stamp set that you can earn for Free with a $50 purchase (before tax & s/h).  The "clouds" were cut out with the Word Bubbles Framelits and embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  The sun "rays" were punched out from the new Triangle punch that can be found in the 2014 Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog.  The "rays" were adhered to the back of a 1-3/4" circle punched from Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper.  The colors used on the sample page are Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight.

My fun filled weekend began Thursday after picking up Daughter #1 from the airport.  We ran a couple of errands, then met up with Baby Girl, her BFF, Baby Girl's fiance, his brother, and his BFF.  I didn't get home until around midnight.  Friday night was my Workshop - another late night.  I had a blast with this super FUN group of ladies!  Thank you ladies!  This is why I LOVE my job!!!  Saturday morning was the Bachelorette party for Baby Girl.  (Baby Girl's fiance had his bachelor party the same day/night.)  We met at her BFF/Maid of Honor's house to board a bus, then headed to the Montelle Winery in Augusta.  What gorgeous weather we had for sitting out on the deck - and what a beautiful view!  We had such an awesome time!  The bus had to be back at BFF's house by 5:30 pm, so we only had time to stop at one other winery - Sugar Creek Winery.  The day just flew by!  We continued the party at BFF's house.  Most everyone left by 9:30 pm but it seemed later since we started at 10 am.  My girls and I spent the night at BFF's house.   We met the guys for brunch the next day, then went to Baby Girl and her fiance's house to "watch" the Daytona 500 with fiance's family.  We had such a good time - lots of laughs and funny stories.  We all left their house about 9 pm.  Everyone was so tired.  Today I dropped off Daughter #1 at the airport around noon.  Tonight will definitely be an early night!  Hope I can stay awake through The Bachelor (a reality show).  Ha!

Need to sign off for now.  Thank you for stopping by today and hanging in there with me on this long post!


No comments:

Post a Comment