Friday, May 2, 2014

Bowl Me Over

Hi there!  It's another gray day around here.  Great time to stamp, huh?  So, how about a card?  Thought so!  Ha!  One evening while surfing the net, I came across Andi Potler's adorable bowling card in a box.  I was intrigued by her "bowling pins" and decided to make one.  You can find the instructions here.  Well, the process became addictive and I ended up making quite a few!  Fast forward to this week.  I needed a card for our youngest daughter's birthday.  She and her husband are on a bowling team.  The "bowling pins" were sitting on my desk, which triggered a creative thought process in designing a bowling card for her.  How appropriate - and fun!  The bowling ball was made in a different manner than Andi's.  I added the finger holes of the "bowling ball" by tapping the eraser end of a pencil onto a White Craft ink pad and stamped the black circle.  (Hint: a new eraser works best.)  The "alley" was made with the Hardwood background stamp.  A sentiment for the inside was generated on the computer (after Googling some clever puns).  I was pleased with the way the card turned out and think our baby girl will get a kick out of it, too. 

That's it for today.  Thank you for stopping in for a visit, where you're always welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment