Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Day Without Internet is Like... CRAZY!


Hi there.  The sun is shining, the snow is melting, and my internet is working again!  I've been quiet the last several days because my internet was down. Yes, tragic I know! You can take the TV, but not my internet!  It’s like an addiction.  Fortunately, I was busy with our granddaughter during that time.  Now that life is back to "normal", I have a card to share with you.
This dresser card was CASE’d  from a swap that my friend received at Leadership in Nashville.  Sorry I don’t know who to credit for the original idea.  I needed a baby card so this idea fit the bill perfectly. The cut out portion of the dresser was actually punched out with the Curly Label punch on the original card.  Mine was made with a Nestability since no one (including me) in the stamping group had that punch with them.  So I had to borrow a Nestability for the job.  I don't know which one it was - sorry. You know how babies seem to accumulate tons of stuffed animals?   I added the bunny from a retired set to simulate a stuffed animal, which made my card a little different from the original one.  A little scrap of fabric would be cute hanging out of one of the drawers, too.  You could also easily transform this card into one for a young child just by changing the toy - a ball, a doll, or blocks would do the trick.




Recipe:

Measurements for the card are as follows - base is 4-1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5-1/2". 

The drawers are 1" x 3-1/5" - edges of dresser and drawers are inked with Crumb Cake.


Stamps: A New Little Someone (retired Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Ballet Blue (retired)
Other:  Blender pen, brads (non-SU!), Spellbinders Nestability 

Have a great Valentine's Day and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment