Monday, September 5, 2011

My Light Bulb Moment Means a Tip For You!

Hi there!  Hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend.  We are having some cooler temperatures - finally!  Fall has become my favorite season.  Of course, around here it could shoot back up into the 90's next week - or even tomorrow! lol  Crazy weather!

Yesterday I was working on some holiday card ideas for my upcoming Christmas Card Workshop.  I was using the Stitched Stockings stamp set and the Stocking Builder punch that came out in the Holiday mini.  Too cute!  The issue I had was each time I changed the clear mount stocking image, my placement would be off to punch it out.  So....I had the idea of punching a scrap piece of card stock and using that as a guide for my stocking and parts.  Then, it occurred to me to take it one step further by tracing inside the negative area of my scrap template onto my acrylic block with a Sharpie!


Now I can see exactly where the stocking should be placed!  Cool, huh?  I'm pretty sure  the ink will come off with alcohol.  But if it doesn't, that's OK. 

Have a great day and thanks for coming by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment